Founded on 31st January 2011, wonkhe (pronounced wonky) is a blog for higher education wonks, those who work in the HE sector and anyone else interested in higher education policy, culture and politics.
We hope to improve the quality of debate about higher education policy and provide a platform for some of the new or previously unheard voices in the sector.
Although we will always look at politics, the blog is not partisan and not-aligned to any particular policies, politics or interests.
We are more than happy to hear pitches for articles, so if you would like to write something please contact the Editor in Chief, Mark Leach.
An Editorial Group will be announced in early 2014.
For a brief review of our first year online, have a look here.
For a brief review of our second year online, have a look here.
For a brief review of our third year online, have a look here.
wonkhe ltd. is a company registered in England with company number: 08784934. The company is led by a Board of Directors:
- Mark Leach, (Chair) Founder and Editor in Chief, wonkhe.com
- Alistair Jarvis, (Deputy Chair) Director of Communications and External Relations, Universities UK
- Andy Westwood, Chief Executive, GuildHE
- Carl Lygo, Vice Chancellor, BPP University
- Vicki Stott, (Treasurer) Bursar, St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford
- Selena Bolingbroke, Strategic Advisor, Goldsmiths University
- Claire Callender, Professor of Higher Education Policy, Birkbeck and Institute of Education
- Mary Stuart, Vice Chancellor, University of Lincoln
The Board of Directors is currently working on a plan to grow the website and the organisation.
Note about comments
This site is a place that allows for the free exchange of ideas and opinion in an open and constructive way. Comments on posts are moderated – please remain courteous to other contributors and authors and conduct yourself as you would offline in the spirit of open and constructive dialogue.